After working in the world of Oriental rugs for over a decade, I have learned a lot about these beautiful and timeless pieces. I am happy to share some of my knowledge with you, so that you can make an informed decision when buying your next rug.
Choosing the Right Size
The most important factor to consider when choosing an Oriental rug is the size. You want to make sure that the rug is the right size for the space you are planning to put it in. Here are a few tips:
- For a dining room rug, the rug should be large enough to fit under the dining table and leave about 2 feet of space on all sides.
- For a living room rug, the rug should be large enough to fit under most of the furniture and leave about 1 foot of space on all sides.
- For a foyer rug, the rug should be large enough to cover the entire floor space.
Considering the Design
Once you have chosen the right size, you can start to think about the design of the rug. There are many different styles of Oriental rugs available, so you can find one that fits your taste. Here are a few things to keep in mind when choosing the design:
- Consider the style of your home décor. You want to choose a rug that will complement the other furniture and accessories in the room.
- Think about the colors you like. Oriental rugs come in a wide variety of colors, so you can find one that will match your existing décor or add a pop of color to the room.
- Consider the size of the rug. If you are buying a large rug, you may want to choose a simpler design so that the rug doesn't overwhelm the space.
Buying an Antique Rug
Antique Oriental rugs are a popular choice for many people. They are beautiful and unique, and they can add a lot of value to your home. However, there are a few things to keep in mind when buying an antique rug:
- Antique rugs are often more expensive than new rugs.
- Antique rugs may have flaws or damage.
- It can be difficult to find an antique rug that is the right size and design for your needs.
Buying a New Rug
New Oriental rugs are a more affordable option than antique rugs. They are also more likely to be available in the size and design you want. However, new rugs may not have the same level of craftsmanship as antique rugs.
No matter what your budget or style, there is an Oriental rug out there that is perfect for you. By following these tips, you can find the perfect rug to add beauty and style to your home.
I hope this helps!